Tuesday 19 August 2008

"How _______ Lost His/Her Groove, But Eventually Got it Back" Mixtape


Found photo by spirits.livejournal.com.

There is one of a two compilations I made back to back in my IADT college days, that I listened to again recently. Good stuff me thinks.

Repetitive analog krautrock indie, raw punk rock, crazy german new wave and a dollop of tear jerking country.
Tracklisting
01 Continuious Hits Music - The American Analog Set
Taken from the wonderful and their best album; Promise of Love.
02 The Natural Anthem - Postal Service
03 Crazy Love - Colder

04 Fire Engine - Iggy Pop
A rare cut from his Nuggets, a collection of rare & unreleased tracks from 77 till 83
05 Rock & Roll Nigger - Patti Smith
06 Janie Jones - The Clash
07 I Only Want YouEagles Of Death Metal

08 Shot Shot - Gomez

09 Cool In The Pool - Holger Czukay
10 Golden Reiter - Joachim Witt

11 Metronomic Underground - Stereolab
"Full Groove"
12 Moby Octopad - Yo La Tengo
13 Fell Of The Floor, Man - dEUS
14 Spinal Meningitis - Ween
16 Dacw Hi - Super Furry Animals
15 Danny (Lonely Boy Blue) - Conway Twitty
17 No Dancing - Smog
This song always reminds me of this scene in Mean Streets.

18 It's Over - The Beta Band

Dowmload It

h##p://www.mediafire.com/?ynbd1ymtagt

Replace "##" for "tt".
~~ Update ~~
Put .rar at the end of the file, to make it a rar file.

5 comments:

nialler9 said...

love that colder tune!

it was on a comp i made way back too. might dig it out also.

Gerard said...

Just rebought both colder albums on vinyl yesterday in the second hand section in city disc for a 10er, sweet. He pretty much dropped of the planet after "heat". hopefully he will bound back with something new soon.

Astonishing Sod-Ape said...

Ger, I demand that you upload Duffy's Dirty Disco! That was the best one ever. I think I made a copy years ago but no idea where it is now.

Anonymous said...

I downloaded this, but my computer can't play it... It tells me that the file has a .blogspot extension that is unrecognized by the computer. Any suggestions on what to do? [I tried putting a .mp3 extension on it, but that didn't work...] Thanks for any help, Bruce (Portland, Oregon)

Gerard said...

yo jim,
Ill upload that comp soon.

Hi Bruce,
put .rar at the end. not sure why its not already there. Sorry for the mix up.