Thursday 20 December 2007

The Concretes - Warm Night EP

Photobucket
I picked this up for a fiver during the height of summer in Galway a couple of years back. I think they are now no longer, could be wrong. The singer is gone solo, under the alias of "Taken By Trees" anywho. All four songs on this EP are amazing, three of them where later release as singles. Its full of wintery cool but with a warm heart. I don't know why I haven't checked
out any of their albums. I must and so should you.

and go here for a vid of what I'm guessing is the album version of "Seems Fine". Ep version is
better and is called "Seems Fine Shuffle". But isn't that always the way with alt versions and covers of songs, generally the first version you heard is always our favourite, of course there is expection, Mogwai's version of "Sweet Child Of Mine" is super,Alanis Morissette version of "My
Humps".
That's a joke, Black Eye Peas RULE OK
Buy It
Myspace
Link In Comments.

3 comments:

Gerard said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?fmzwdubkzmw

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this...loved the Concretes and Taken by Trees is a great album too. Happy holidays!

Urge2burge

Allen Ginsberg In Space said...

yr welcome for the musictapes post, nice blog yourself. think i'll put you on my links.